The initiative for dissemination of the EU GPP Policy: what it is
This EC initiative, launched by the European Commission DG Environment and executed by the International Training Centre of the ILO (ITCILO) in Turin, is about raising awareness and dissemination of the EC GPP Policy in 20 EU Member States.
A survey of the current status of GPP in 20 EU Member States: those where GPP appears to be less frequent than in the so-called “Green 7” (Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK)
Contact with these 20 EU Member States and appointment of two national GPP experts per country. This group of 40 national experts will be trained, become members of the expanded project team and take part in a distance-learning GPP activity and an experience-sharing e-forum.
Training of the team of national experts through a Training of Trainers Programme. The programme has two components: a distance learning phase over the internet (www.itcilo.org/gpp); and a face-to-face TOT Seminar at the ITCILO Campus in Turin.
Dissemination and awareness raising events (run by the IGPP-trained national experts, with the support of the ITCILO). These will be one-day events addressing 80-100 key national GPP stakeholders. They will be held in national language.
- January 2009: start of the assignment (length: 20 months)
- February-March 2009: survey of the state of GPP in 20 EU Member States
- April 2009: selection of the first group of 10 EU Member States and the appointment of the team of 20 GPP national experts (2 per country)
- June 2009: training of the national experts via an e-forum
- July 2009: training of the national experts at a GPP TOT seminar at the ITCILO campus in Turin
- October 2009: selection of the second group of 10 EU Member States and appointment of the team of 20 GPP national experts (2 per country)
- October 2009-June 2010: one-day national awareness raising and dissemination events
- August 2010: completion of the assignment.